In this tutorial I'll show you how to create three canes (a daisy, a leaf and a translucent grass cane). I'll show you how to create a cool veneer from them and how to turn that veneer into perfectly finished beads.
The techniques shown in this tutorial can be changed to create an entirely different look and so are very versatile.
I explain the process step by step and include tips and tricks along the way so that you can replicate the project perfectly along with being able to change it up to make it all your own.
Samantha Burroughs - Hi everyone, I’m Samantha, the creator of JessamaTutorials.com. I also have a youtube channel, a patreon account and an etsy shop where I sell cutters, texture stamps and tutorials. I love all things polymer clay, cats and nature. https://www.jessamatutorials.com
- White, black, purple, green, yellow, pearl white Kato polymer clay
- Translucent Premo polymer clay
- A tissue blade
- A pasta machine
- An acrylic roller
- An oven
- Plain printing paper
- Cutters (Here’s a link to the ones I used https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/594660899/polymer-clay-wrapped-collar-rectangle?ref=shop_home_active_18)
- A pin drill
- Renaissance wax
- Black accu-flex beading wire, 49 strands, softest drape, .024 inch diameter
- 12 4mm round white howlite beads
- A silver clasp
- Two silver jumprings
- Two silver charlotte crimps
- Two silver crimps
- Flat nose pliers
- Wire cutters